Time for a physical change...
We are located in the gray brick building that locals know as the old JC Penny building on the village square in Carrollton. The building was erected in the late 1800’s and was the Carroll County Treasurer’s Office.
Later, the first floor of the building was used for retail space, first by Mrs. L.V.H. Baker who opened a general store along with her sister, later the space was known as the Racket Store. In the 1920’s JC Penney Company occupied the building and remained at the location into the later part of the twentieth century.
After JC Penney left the premise, the first floor was used for a couple of other retail ventures and most recently housed an internet café and a non-skilled gaming facility. The second floor has been apartments throughout most of the buildings history. The third floor housed associations such as the Masonic Chapter, Blue Lodge and the Order of Eastern Star and is currently under construction.
In the past year the building exterior has undergone a facelift and was painted a new shade of gray. We checked out the rental space last November and we have been diligently working to change the look of the interior since last fall. Come take a look, we are proud of our changes and think you will enjoy the new aesthetics of the "old JC Penney building"